7 March 2019

Ibanez RG370ZB

My friend bought it few month back after our discussion. He decided to play with it first until he has time to come by my workshop or when any of the string snap. Snapped it did.
Let's go the shit part first shall we. During my initial setup work, I found the second fret to be higher causing terrible buzz at the first fret. I can now concur Ibanez contract builder slept on the job (during this one). Then they raised the bridge so that the buzz couldn't be detected in store. What the ...... You think no one would know? Jilake.
To me its not a big deal when compare to such things like twisted neck, low quality bridge that do not want to return to pitch. Those you really have to write back and return it for an exchange. But anyway, thank you Ibanez for letting me finish your shoddy QC job. I really can't complain when I'm now RM250 richer. Hehe. Keep the fret flaws coming ya.
According to the official spec, the body is Meranti. I believe this is local in both here and Indonesia. I didn't find anything bad about it in fact I like the raw black finish with contrasting white binding. Lets hoard this wood so one day we could export it at a premium price. Hehe. The pickups are nicely direct mounted suiting the metal looks theme. I dislike pickup ring for two reasons. One, they look ugly. Two, It sometime used for hiding messed up routing. The pickup routing in this one is super sharp and clean. Thumbs up to the button pusher and sharp router bits.
The electronics is tidy but still behind most LTD. I noticed one easily overlooked improvement at the middle pickup. The pole pieces for G and B string are lower than normal. I do not know whether its purposely done to give more picking room or to rid those horrible G overtones. Which ever the reason is, its another thumbs up for that.

As for the bridge, what can I say. Forget the rest. The Edge Zero II w/ZPSfe is simply the best Tremolo System in the RM2000 category. Enough said. Goodbye.

Buy good,bye regret
yustech


 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

masih mengintai RG350DXZ untuk dimasukkan dalam axology

YusTech said...


Ibu jari keatas untuk Tuan.