26 March 2019

Ibanez SR1006EFMNTF

Yes, its another bass. A six stringer. This is an Ibanez SR1006EFM. I always thought all Prestige series are made in Japan but not this one though. I guess at one point in time this was not economical to be made by Hoshino's home contractor. I'm not sure now how many Prestige models were made by Cort but if its good then its good right? Yes it is.

 The built of this SR1006EFM is extremely good. I like commend Bartolini for using steel base plate as it would shield against pickup warping. The preamp is not Bartolini though. I'm guessing its something from Cort. Its quiet powerful that it almost destroyed my speaker to pieces. Will be more careful when dealing with active bass after this especially a Prestige.

Nothing much to do here other than the usual clean-up, set-up and intonation. Plays very well that I almost forgot its a six string. So I think I like to try seven string bass after this. Anyone has any for me to fix? Hehe. My apology for such short composition. I'm busy.

Thank you
yustech


No comments: