10 August 2019

Fender P38J


It was left idle for 9 years as told by the owner. Bought used in mid-2000.I don't believe I've cross path with one of these.
One thing about fender instrument is they all looks the same. You need to look in the neck pocket or neck butt for clues.
This one stamped P38 or to be precise from the catalog as a P38J. I think letter 'J' stood for Japan only? My camera failed to show the real finish. It's actually greenish leading toward the dark burst outline.
There's not much work to do aside from rewiring, crackling jack replacement, setup and clean up (as best). I'm not sure whether the pickup is a real Bassline or just a cover job. Electronics look stock from factory. Good bass and Goodbye.



Thank you
Yustech.




1 comment:

Abdul Aziz Sanford said...

It's a very nice-looking bass. Glad you got to meet it in person :)