5 October 2011

Ernie Ball Compoud Radius D Bass String?

This must be new technology that I am dumb to not know about.Apparently I noticed it while doing setup on my student Bass.Rarely in my life I would tune the guitar or bass using the E string or other notes.

Ask all my students and they'll say Teacher Yus always say "Give me a D" prior to lesson.
I have been hearing the D note since 1984..so I know a D when I hear one.But on this bass its unlike any D I hear.In fact I never heard such mess up,all over the the place and tuner kind of D.

Checked the D string and found the problem,called my student to check whether its a stock string or new ones.

well..what do you know...its a New SET of Ernie Ball Bass string...bugger,first its the guitar pots and now the string??
Are we sleeping on the jobs now??is it made in China?Taiwan?

Any one from Ernie Ball care to reply here??Nathan Stiff?

Facebook Reply from Ernie Ball - 6Oct2011.

Ernie Ball Guitar Strings (And Other Products)
Nathan from customer service will be replying to you shortly.


A lot of traffic to this one..strike 2 for EB.

10 comments:

Kurt said...

Yeah...the string wound is uncosistently covered.i have the problem with the super slinky pink label one...the e string broke when i just want to tighten it....fyi....it is newly bought from shop....i think ernie ball are having issue with quality now...

Ijau D. Koceng said...

i thought only jackson have "compound radius" technology (on their bloodline series' fretboards)

YusTech said...

Hehe....its joke title about the D bass string problem.

Ijau D. Koceng said...

hopefully my newly bought 9-42 pink slinky would not have same problem as kurt did

YusTech said...

Kurt,email Nathan Stiff at Ernie Ball.

Kurt said...

Correction....E string not e string and it's for bass guitar.....

Kurt said...

Thank Yus....i will take action on this issue...

Jo @ NoobAxe said...

i'd faced EB string issue like ages mang.. had once bought a BOX of 0.09 custom gauge(loose), every single string in it got rust spot

YusTech said...

Corrected

YusTech said...

Rusty Ball,yes.,seen that too.