11 April 2019

Gibson Les Paul BFG


A new acquisition by a client, from Henry’s troubling era.

The complaint was electric shock and together with the usual setup. You see and according to my bantam experience, with Gibson its common to find little jumble like over filed string nut slot (rare), distinguishing finishes (normal), indistinct serial numbers (on older ones), plentiful neck relief (always) and glass strength headstock (deferring physics). However some things are undisputedly dead on like the fretwork, hardware and electronics. Once the Neck, Nut and Bridge is set to the player tech preference. Its good playing until the next delinquent arise.
Somehow I like to have good assumption towards Gibson for those minor disorder. It's like they are trying to send a message. Sounds like "Dear buyer, did you just bought this? Now take the Gibson [insert model] to your tech, see if he could make it play or look better and yes, you have to pay for it yourself of course. Despite our guitar costing two arms, know this. Only a Gibson is good enough!"
In this model Henry was kind enough to put Chinacraft input jack instead of the usual Switchcraft. But Thanks old buddy, you know I always stock Switchcraft input jack for such unexpected circumstance. I didn't take out the toggle switch to see as I have good faith that you didn't Chingcraft it too. I can't stock up that part because it would be too lavish.
As for the users shocking experience. I did interrogate asked the client about his gears at home. He told me his setup never change and of all of his guitars, this is the only guitar that stunned him all night long. I've checked the ground and all are good. I couldn't sense anything shocking with my amp aside from the shocking pretty finish. I did play some AC/DC tunes just to be sure. Perhaps I should've played "Electric Youth" by Debbie Gibson , probably then I would've feel something. Well anyway, I'm sure it didn't happened at the store too.
I told my client to take it home while I google this anomaly and remedy. Pertaining to Gibson Les Paul in particular.
I found many shocking stories that has nothing to do with the problem. You know, the obvious. Like shocking MSRP, quality, CEO, Debt etc. Some thread comments hint the problem is external rather than at the guitar itself. Another thread recommends adding two passive components in parallel. I will try the latter when I get the components.

Thank you
yustech




2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

it's an "electric" guitar, right? :D

YusTech said...

Haha.