10 April 2019

Tanglewood TSB58


I do not know when Gibson launched Mr. Page Les Paul with all Push Pull pots but I was curious about it as with those whom do too. I bet it must have a whole lotta tones. I lost further interest after and forgot about it. It's hard to remember anything that never lands on my lap.
This Tanglewood TSB 58 came for complete re-wiring, Page style. I must say that this is a opportunity to hear it over the real deal. Thank you customers. They try new things, I get to hear new tones. On a side note, this LP copy plays very well and is indeed a looker (outside and inside). I couldn't find any official info about it from Tanglewood own site. I believe it's been discontinued.
 The TSB 58 stock pickups are Entwistle HV58 which happens to match with SD color codes. Colour codes conversion always made me dazed and confused. I rather read resistors colour band if you don’t mind. Hehe. Every pickup maker have their own colour code for the hot, ground and the in between. We can only hope that all pickup maker would agree on one standard colour codes. That is Green/Black is Hot or Ground. Red/White is series or parallel. Cough.
 My approach with this new to me work is as like in any new wiring in the past. That is, read it slowly and carefully. Taking all the time I need. This is not the MotoGP of soldering. It helps to have a bit of imagination of how it should turn out. Do a bit first here and there then watch YouTube viral video for hours then come back with some clear idea about how to arrange the rats nest.
 I don't know how Gibson version looks like but I think mine is good enough. Clearly many aspects can be improve upon should I pass through this stairway again.

How many song title did you spot? See you in the next entry.

Thank you 
yustech




2 comments:

ariffdude said...

I spot 3: whole lotta love, dazed and confused and stairway to heaven.

Thank you yustech for rewiring my guitar. It's amazing the kind of tones i managed to get out of it.

YusTech said...


Spot on Ariffdude. You're welcome and anytime sir. Thank you for hiring my services. Enjoy the new tone combos.