6 August 2018

Ibanez Buyers Guide for Dummies VI



Yes it's that time again where I do the Ibanez buyers guide (for 2018) post. I cannot deny the fact this series had in fact offended many Ibanez guitar owners but that was never my aim for doing such post. I tried always at taking precaution so to not take any swipe at guitar owners or consumers in general. But then misunderstanding can and has happen because it's how we humans are. We tend to love our gears so much that we defend that logo on the headstock above religion and motherland. Fights,quarrels or sanction are always an option at the fingertips. We rather have/claimed the good stuff to ourselves don't we. We care not for the new comers so that on one fine day we could say I told you mine's is different, mine came from their glory years or worst laugh at those who spent several thousand ringgit of hard earned color papers on guitars that do not qualify as proper.

Some of these lingering past wrath and bad mouthing campaign ignited by influential personalities belonging a certain group upon my livelihood (tech work) had become noticeable by me for the late 5 years. I sometime ponder whether is it still viable for me to continue this servicing path journey. At this age I can't be choosy if I was to rejoin the normal workforce. Any work would do but preferably in Germany where the trade agreement is at the most advantage. LOL. I don't mind learning to write or sprechening some Deutsch mark at all. Anyone in Thomann needs affordable labour? Here's one (waving hands). These hands can guttentight any hex nut. Well if that's too tight how about Mercedes factory then? Anyone?

Back to offended parties of the previous paragraph.  I now realized it was a big mistake to go against such group that has a formidable influence on the local guitar playing community. I'm apologizing to YJB here of course and I admit my wrongs as you and your closest circle assumed.

I later took initial step by becoming a bystander rather than participating in any gear related technical discussion on social network where I first came to know about these SJW,brand fanatics,snow flakes,butthurt brotherhood Inc etc. I did not labelled them. The public does. I've since put my input solely here while thinking about how to improve this page appearance when clearly we all know very well the person behind this blog is IT illiterate. Hehe. Now where is the bloody guide already?

I now slide down the piss off intensity fader buss narrowing down the target readers of this post, firstly, to all my regular patron/friends (the bunch that comprehend me the most,I think) and to the surrounding 2 district where I work and live. If you're in Subang Bestari or Kota Damansara and intend to buy an Ibanez guitar soon then this is a guide for you about which model you should avoid. Please take note the advice given here does not apply outside Malaysia so that we can say we got the dot MY import models which is always better than the rest of the world. See, what I tell you about human nature. LOL.

I also do not want to repeat myself as to why you should not be buying the said models but believe me, If you know what I know, try what I've tried or compare what I have compared, you too wouldn't want yourself or any of your friends buying any one of the guitars presented below.
Further chronological and related post links attach below for your perusal and comprehension.


On the bright side I would like congratulate Ibanez for totally ridding the dreaded Edge III,TRS and STD DL trem system off the current JS models (GIO models too) and also for the loudly amplified return of the king (Lo Pro Edge and Edge) to its former glory alongside the remarkably young, handsome and dependable Edge Zero II tremolo system. It's about time because I’m tired of telling my own 1990s “Tales of the Edge Tremolo” to new Ibanez guitar owners. Why they need to hunt those down to know what's it's all about which coincidentally would affect the actual pre owned prices of such gear that will always comes with its own sprinkled fairy dust. Now they (new buyers) don't have to do or dream it. It's there in the web and in the shop new and pristine as seen in magazine. Tell them I sent you and you'll be denied a discount. Just keep it to yourself. You'll be fine.

For visitors outside of the 2 district mentioned above. If you have an open mind then this post could be useful for you too.

Lastly I'm not anti-Ibanez. They made and still makes or should I say responsible for an arm length list of good to great guitars that has the practical, ergonomics, improvement and shapes which are very desirable. However I believe those attributes just don't fully manifest on some of these below. We or shall I say me wish to see the les miserables bridges vacant its lot 2 years ago.






Thank you
yustech

3 comments:

Abdul Aziz Sanford said...

Jolly interesting and educational post. Thanks for sharing.

YusTech said...

Thank you for the kind words Cikgu.

Abdul Aziz Sanford said...

Most welcome, sifu