27 September 2018

Fender STR-VC BTP


I still believe it’s better to judge the finish and construction quality of any guitar model on case by case basis. By that I mean the core parts which are the body and the neck (where it presents them). Exclude the electronics and hardware as those are normally source external or from a diff dept. of the company.
I noticed every Japanese Strat I've setup from past to present has one noticeable thing in common. All their necks are superbly constructed. I am not talking about the neck profile, just the way they feel on hand and visual. They are stiff straight without hump or bump.
I beginning to suspect that the Japanese knows more than anyone else about refined drying woods method of neck production. We all aware the Japanese has a well-known discipline culture.
 This Nippon Gakki built axe is called the STR-VC. Before I pursue to write about the work, I have to confess that I didn’t know Japanese Strat has many variety. I had all this while suspected that Corona Boss had suppressed all out of the box idea from their Japanese counterpart. Perhaps it’s applicable to the hardware’s not the finish offerings. “VC” stands for Vari-Colour?
 This STR-VC came in with some electronics issues. The volume, first tone and 5 way switch has some crackle. I could clean them but recommended replace instead. The owner foresees this, agreed to it. I told him that I would do a setup but he was uncomfortable with that.
He said that he had set the guitar his himself and was happy with it. I was stump by his remark. Never in my tech life has anyone dares to stop me doing what I’ve been doing. That even made my anger light turned yellow from green. I left the setup subject aside and focus to explain the parts I’m going put in.
When the owner left, I immediately replace the faulty components. I couldn’t wait to string it up, I was curious about his setup. To my surprise, his setup is in fact better than what I have in mind. This is the first time a customer had one up me. I couldn’t re do what’s been done by him. For a few minutes I felt I was the customer and he’s the tech. Hehe.

When the owner came to collect his guitar, I compliment him and told I didn’t change anything he had tweak prior. Thumbs bro but please don’t quit your day job or else I’ll be working for you. Hehe.

Stump
yustech




2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

from gotoh to CTS/CRL :)

YusTech said...

yes sir, CTS because its well built and serviceable. CRL because overtime it gives a smooth movement. My 2 cent sir. :)