2 February 2019

Ibanez RG520QS


Just a re string and minor setup work here. Quality guitars are like that. You take good care of it and it will be great in your care. This is a beautiful Sapele top Ibanez RG520QS. According to google it was only produced from 1999 to 2001.
 Yes, I can't believe how mint it is. Looks like a five years old(after some clean up) doesn't it.
The bridge wear is very minimal. This goes to show again and again and again that Edge and Lo-Pro Edge is able to withstand our hot and humid tropics. I wonder what's the life span is. 30? 40? 80 years? You must be fed up hearing repeated praises to those bridges for the the pass seven years now. Worry not, I will keep doing it. Thumbs up Hoshino and Gotoh! If it was the Edge Pro family, without tooth brush and WD40, they would've been rusted and flaky and rusted by now.
The electronics is a clean nippon gakki good job. I've always thought all Nippon Ibanez RG comes with the legendary VLX91 super switch. I guess some don't. Don't any of you dare say " It's a Hum/Hum with 5 way switch so they resort to ready made cheap customize parts" because I admonish why the would the outsource the switch when you already have the VLX91 that can do that and more. This is both lazy and ignorant. I don't accept reason like production time because Made in Japan is about "taking the time to do right" or is not anymore? I have a feeling the person whom omit the VLX91 here and other future cheapness could be the same guy.I'm going to call him Mr "Cheapassayu Shittake". In future we'll call him "CheapoSan" for short.
I like the silky smooth shield paint. I think the innards is either hand sanded or from katana sharp router bits prior. Thumbs up to Hoshino and their contractor. Next time don't be so cheap on the switch okay. Good job well alright. I hope we learn something today.

Buy good,Bye remorse
Yustech



1 comment:

Abdul Aziz Sanford said...

I have to agree ... the shielding paint job is indeed silky smooth!