9 November 2018

This and That


I come to know about lazada for more than a year now. I'm always a sceptic when I see something attractively cheaper or cheapest compared to elsewhere online.

My previous small parts or personal order had only came from a friend with the help his credit card. Now that friend had moved I thought I give this Lazada a shot with a few not so expensive orders. Below are what those are.

Screws? 
Yes, I/we need them by the tons, especially considering in our beautiful hot and humid climate. Fasteners on guitars' rust quicker than expected. I was curious about the pickguard/plate screws quality from Lazada vendors. In reality, fit and finish looks good. I ordered this to know whether the black finish were spray painted or quench in oil. If it's the latter, I will order more.

String spreader
What can I say other than thank you China for making this cheaper alternative? I wish you also consider making next jig in future? Really, I hope you would.

Machine heads

This is a replacement for my client. Price is so good than looking to buy loose unit. Yes, I did tell my client about high end machine heads but circumstances calls for him to use this and experience it personally. Something in life can't be measure with money or currency. There will be a few ringgit mark up from my end of course. he he.

Scope Probe

For two years now my scope probe decided to have some intermittent connection. That drove me crazy especially when poking around for signals. There was one time...well never mind, story too long.  I wasn't be sure which end has the loose contact inside. In short I ruined both end of my probe. My so and so probe repair attempt end up me pinching my probe at a certain angle to get a visual on the screen. By today's standard my scope display screen isn't something that anyone would enjoy looking at all day. Anyway, beggars can't be choosers hence this new probe price was good so I bought a pair. Why? In case one got broken on arrival or as a spare. Nice packaging though. Thumbs up. If you're into fixing electronics, get a scope. Do not buy the one I use.

2 conductor shielded wire


I've depleted my Canare hook up wires and has been using single wire for few years now. I like to get back to Canare but the cost and labour are economical unfriendly locally. I'm known to charge people exorbitant for guitar wiring. To adapt to the current economy and currency rate, I thought I give this bunch 20 pieces a try. The copper strands are lead tinted and the pre-cut length is great. Shielded cable also help tidying up when working in small electronics cavity. It will be use inside guitar, pedal or where ever small requirement is needed. I can't give any verdict yet but if you don't see me write something then it should be fine. My rate will be stagnant if not reduce.

Component Tester
This is component tester number I'm not sure. I can't give any thoughts of this right now and I have several tester which deserve a dedicated entry in itself. Anyway good price and from the YT reviews, it’s simply irresistible. For any future tester purchase, I will certainly check out Lazada prior to other site. At the time of this writing, the item is still on the way. Hmmm

Lazadarian
yustech




No comments: