13 October 2013

Cort Effector Explorer













 





















I thought I've seen it all.Perhaps not.So unlike a luthier I took upon myself to open up the back plate and checked the electronics.The last pot seem to have jammed up.I dismantled it and give it a lube.It work again.I'm sure a luthier would do it differently for he will build a potentiometer from ground up.

I spotted a nail used to secure the PCB.I may say this is a work of a Luthier because he believes it adds uniqueness.A guitar tech like me would resort to the lame wood screw.

I notice what could've been a botched battery connection so I replace it with two 9V battery connectors.From my understanding the batteries is wired parallel to fulfill the on board electronics effects.I'm sure a luthier would do it differently.He would've taken an airplane to Cort Korea just to have them build one then and there.Its what's call good service.A much more experience Luthier would ask a Toyol to fetch the schematic because it can move in a speed of light to get it.

Looking at the age the PCB does require some new soldering here and there,off course a Luthier would use a Factory Flow Soldering Machine.

The fretwork is in fact horrible but owner didn't want a fretwork.If it has been a Luthier he would've have joined the to short nip end using his metallurgy know how.

The guitar work alright though there's a slight noise probably due to the old leaky caps but the owner was fine with it.He just wanted the guitar to work again for now.A Luthier would of course disprove this.

Lastly to clear the air.I never visited Cort Factory and please keep all records of the guitars you ever built.Cort Guitars,you are a Luthier.Aren't you?


Thank you and enjoy.
Self learn Guitar Tech not Luthier from KD.

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

pedas~

YusTech said...

masak lemak chili api.
Hot Chilli with fat.

:)

Unknown said...

Master Luthier approves!